The Solutionary Security Engineering Research Team (SERT) Quarterly Threat Report for Q2 2015 contains analysis of events identified through global visibility of the Solutionary client base. This quarter’s report contains observations and analysis of attack types, malware sources and sources for attacks.Key findings include:
- Shellshock is still alive. Solutionary identified nearly 600,000 Shellshock events originating from over 25,000 IPs from 2,027 different service providers.
- While Solutionary identified Shellshock traffic from 138 countries, the biggest three sources were the U.S. (54%), China (24%) and Republic of Korea (9%).
- From the top 25 hostile non-U.S. repeat IP addresses, “Bruteforcers” accounted for 48 percent of all malevolent activity.
- Representing almost 46% of all malware, the largest single source of malware threats was the U.S.
- The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) breach does not just affect people now, but will affect the victims and the integrity of the background investigation process for the next 10-20 years.
2015 Energy Industry Cybersecurity Report
Strategic Cybersecurity: A Toolkit for Prioritizing, Coordinating, and Transforming Your Cybersecurity Program