During 2014, Check Point collected event data from three different sources around the world to shine a light on security trends, and identify issues that are on the rise or, in some cases, in decline.
What did we look at?
Data Loss Incidents
Security Statistics in 2014
• New malware increased 71%.
• 106 downloads of unknown malware occurred per hour.
• 86% of organizations accessed a malicious site.
• 83% of organizations had existing bot infections.
• 42% of businesses suffered mobile security incidents costing
more than $250,000 to remediate.
• 96% of organizations used at least one high-risk application.
• 81% of organizations suffered a data loss incident.
• Loss of proprietary information increased 71% over the past three years.
In the following pages, Check Point reveals the findings of our in-depth analysis of security threats and trends uncovered in 2014. Our aim is to help security and business leaders understand the threat landscape and how to create the strongest security posture possible.
2015 Energy Industry Cybersecurity Report
Strategic Cybersecurity: A Toolkit for Prioritizing, Coordinating, and Transforming Your Cybersecurity Program